Get Your Shine On at Aboriginal Day Live
Whether it’s from the comfort of your couch or front row centre at The Forks, there are plenty of ways to take in the 10th anniversary celebration of Aboriginal Day Live this June 25.
But what better way to experience Canada’s biggest National Aboriginal Day event than to be a part of it?
In addition to seeking a full slate of artists, musicians and entertainers to perform on the Celebration Stage, APTN is on the hunt for a fun, upbeat and energetic Social Media Host.
As Social Media Host, you’ll present an exclusive backstage experience to a national audience by sharing social media posts during the live broadcast of the evening concert in Winnipeg. In addition to providing viewers with the most engaging and interactive ADL experience to date, you’ll have the opportunity and platform to share your gift of gab and captivating charisma with countless Canadians across the country. Not to mention it would be a highlight on any resume!
APTN encourages applicants to focus on their natural talent, personality and charm.
“Just be yourself and submit a straightforward, unedited presentation,” says the press release. “Masterpieces are not mandatory.”
- Be a First Nations, Inuit or Métis person and a Canadian resident.
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time of submission.
- Be available to work in Winnipeg between June 22 and June 26, 2016. The successful candidate will be contacted to negotiate remunerations fees and travel expenses will be covered by ADL.
- Create one (1) video that is three (3) minutes maximum with a short introduction up to 30 seconds. State your name, age, Aboriginal ancestry, city or town of residence and contact information. Include any other information that shows your personality, and this is the part where you can really turn heads. Be you, and your amazing talent will follow!
- Upload one (1) video submission with password protection on YouTube, Vimeo or Dropbox.
- E-mail a link to your audition video including the password and your contact information to email@example.com by 11:59 PM CDT on April 22, 2016. Late submissions will be disqualified.
A decision will be made three (3) weeks after the deadline. Please note that APTN is unable to provide critiques to unsuccessful applications.
For more information about Aboriginal Day Live visit aboriginaldaylive.ca.
For more information about the open call for Social Media Host visit aptn.ca/opencall.